Welcome to my FAQ page, if you cant find the answer you are looking for, please contact me with your question instead.
- Disposable masks should be worn, and are provided to everyone who enters the salon.
- Visitors and clients are asked to wash their hands on entry.
- I wash my own hands and sanitise frequently.
- Work areas, chairs, surfaces, touch points, handles, card machine, etc. are sanitised between every client.
- NHS Test and Trace system is now mandatory, and I screen all clients prior to their arrival to ensure no one has symptoms leading up to their appointment.
- I wear a fresh Type II surgical mask for every client and goggles or a clear visor.
- Towels and blankets are used once only and washed with Dettol detergent before reusing.
- Equipment and tools are cleaned and sterilised between uses.
- My safety guidelines are emailed to all clients prior to their appointment.
You can pay for your treatments a variety of ways:
- Card payment – contactless or chip and pin
- Online payment i.e. PayPal, card payment (request sent by email)
The shop is located at the bottom of Todmorden Road near Bacup town centre. There are parking restrictions directly outside my shop however there is plenty of free roadside parking a few meters away. Check the contact page to find me or visit Google maps.
I offer a mobile service for bridal makeup bookings and large groups only. Mileage and travel charges may apply. These bookings can be made by contacting me.
Unfortunately I do not offer mobile services for nail, brow or lash treatments.
During the COVID19 pandemic only the person having a treatment can be inside the salon. Please do not bring children or other people with you to your appointment.
For certain treatments you will need a patch test at least 24 hours before your appointment. This is to check for existing allergies to the ingredients in the products that I use. The treatments that will require a patch test are:
- Semi-permanent lash extensions (known as Classic Lash extensions).
- Brow or lash tint.
- Brow or lash henna.
- Lash lift.
You will need a patch test if:
- You haven’t been to my salon before, even if you have had the same treatment elsewhere.
- I change the product that I use, in which case I will inform you.
- You haven’t had a patch test or the treatment within 6 months.
Yes you will need to pay a deposit to secure your booking at By Kaylee. Your appointment will not be booked in until a deposit has been paid. All required details will be provided at the time of booking. Find my deposit and cancellation policy here.
- Lash extensions minimum age is 18.
- Lash lift or brow lamination minimum age is 18.
- Acrylic nails minimum age is 16 with parental consent.
- Any tint or henna treatment minimum age is 16 with parental consent.
- Gel polish minimum age is 14 with parental consent and that parent or guardian must be present for the treatment, until the child turns 16.
- Brow wax minimum age is 12 with parental consent and that parent or guardian must be present for the treatment, until the child turns 16.
- Mini manicure minimum age is 10 with parental consent and that parent or guardian must be present for the treatment, until the child turns 16. This treatment may be altered slightly depending on the age of the recipient.
Anyone over 18 can have any treatment. If you are between 16 and 18 you will require signed consent by a parent or guardian for most treatments. Under 16’s will require signed consent and the parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the treatment.